Top 10 Web Hosting Trends
If you’re just starting out in the world of the Internet and the world-wide-web, welcome to the fastest growing, most competitive and most exciting marketplace in the history of buying and selling. By definition, web hosting is a kind of service that gives individuals and organizations the opportunity to make their own web site easy to reach via the world wide web. So, if you want to setup a web site on the Internet, you will need a web great number. But after a quick search in Google, you will see that making the choice as to which kind of web hosting you will need for your web site is no easy task.
use a little time searching the web and you’ll find a gazillion web hosting providers, review sites, data centers, collocation facilities, and already a company that offers domain name registration by a hunter of African elephants. They make it sound easy to build a profitable web business, but wake-up-call time: building a profitable, web-based business takes hard work, long hours and, most importantly, careful planning and selection of the right vendors. Sure, your neighbor brags about the dough she’s raking in on her maintenance-free web site, or your brother-in-law just bought a fancy car on his PPC earnings. People do earn money on the web, but it isn’t luck or good karma. It’s planning for success and if you’re just starting to think about taking the digital dive in to the world of the Internet, consider these questions and, oh yeah, develop the answers before you use a penny on your vision.
Top 10 Web Hosting Trends:
- Green web hosting – Green or Eco-friendly web site hosting is a current addition to the field that involves a given provider attempting to prove that they do not have negative impacts on the ecosystem. Many webmasters are moving their web sites to a green web hosting provider not only to reduce their carbon footprint, but also to prove to their visitors that their company values the ecosystem and is respectful to it.
- Cloud hosting – Cloud computing provides on-need resources via a computer network and offers computation, software, data access, and storage sets that do not require end-user knowledge of the physical location and configuration of the system that delivers the sets. Parallels to this concept can be drawn with the electricity grid, where end-users consume strength without needing to understand the part devices or infrastructure required to provide the service.
- VPS hosting – VPS hosting or Virtual Private Server hosting refers to a virtual machine for use exclusively by an individual customer of the service. A virtual machine is a completely independent and secluded operating system installation within a normal operating system. VPS hosting allows customers who need a dedicated machine and root access but are not however ready to pay the large investment required for a dedicated machine.
- Carbon neutral hosting – Carbon neutral hosting refers to a service that has a net zero carbon footprint and allows webmasters the opportunity to unprotected to net zero carbon emissions resulting from the hosting of their online pages.
- Wind powered hosting – Wind powered web hosting refers to web hosting sets that use wind energy from wind turbines, for example, converted into electricity.
- Solar powered web hosting – Solar powered refers to web hosting that is powered by radiant light and heat from the sun as opposed to traditional electricity.
- Joomla hosting – Joomla is an increasingly popular open-source content management system for publishing content on the world wide web. Joomla easily integrates with themes and extensions that are obtainable from third-party supplies that make designing and developing a complex however aesthetically pleasing web site simple. There are numerous commercial extensions obtainable from the official Joomla! Extension Directory and quite a bit more obtainable from other supplies. Many providers offer the installation of Joomla on their accounts for no additional charge, but be fore-warned that not many provider have adequate experience needed in order to provide sustain to clients who are developing their site with Joomla.
- WordPress hosting – WordPress is an open-source blogging tool that is used by nearly thirteen percent of all web sites on the Internet. It is an easy to learn and use tool that makes setting up a web site simple due to its plug-in architecture and template system.
- Drupal hosting – Drupal is an open-source content management system that provides web developers the tools needed to customize Drupal’s behavior and turn up. Drupal offers a futuristic programming interface for developers, and no programming skills are required for basic web site installation and administration, but it is more complicate than Joomla and WordPress. Drupal powers nearly two percent of all web sites on the Internet. Drupal offers modules, themes, and associated configuration settings that prepare Drupal for custom operation for complex web developers.
- Reseller hosting – Reseller hosting refers to a provider that has purchased sets with the intention of reselling them. Because of the multitude of resellers in the web hosting industry, it has become more difficult to differentiate a reseller from a web hosting provider that has their own dedicated servers. Reseller hosting has become increasingly popular as a method to generate income for web design firms.
Choosing a new web great number for a redesign project
Many companies are re-designing their web site to keep competitive, to simplify the navigation and provide visitors with a more user-friendly experience. By redesigning a web site, companies have the opportunity to keep more competitive and stay current with new technology. And by offering a better web site – voila – simpler navigation, simpler search for a specific item may rule to increased sales or leads. Yep, already the most successful sites are regularly revising their look, the organization and the ease-of-use for site visitors.
Web site redesign tips
Your web site navigation should be simple, straightforward and 100% functional. Labels should be clearly understood by any site visitor. Assume no knowledge on the part of the people who visit your on-line business site. They may not have any knowledge of your business and you have only a few seconds to include a visitor and create interest in your brand before the visitor can hit the back button and exit your site.
When designing your site, place yourself in the position of the first-time visitor and configure your site for that prospect. Hey, if it worked for Jeff Bezos (Amazon’s founder)…it should work for you.
Choosing a web hosting provider
When making this important decision, ask a lot of questions of your web great number or prospective provider. Do you use Energy Star equipment? Do you use strength from carbon-neutral supplies? How is the office powered? How are the servers cooled? How is old, outdated equipment disposed of? If you don’t like the answers you get, you won’t like working with that web great number.
Further, a truly current hosting service wants YOUR site visitors to recognize your commitment to a cleaner planet today and in the future so most offer an emblem you can characterize on your web site – an emblem that proudly proclaims that your site is hosted by a green corporate culture…a corporate culture that becomes YOUR corporate culture.
So go green and tell prospects all about yourself. It’s the future of web hosting today. It’s the future of our planet. Today.