specialized Palmistry Book Review: Hand Psychology by Andrew Fitzherb…
Learning the basics of palmistry can be done by reading a multitude of books written on the subject. If you want to put all of the elements of palm reading together, in a specialized manner, and to tell a detailed story about a person, you need to read the book ‘Hand Psychology’ by Andrew Fitzherbert. This is one of the best books ever written on palmistry. After learning and practice, studying the authors techniques, your palm reading skills will be taken to a more specialized level. By reading this book, you can learn from an expert, how to take all of the aspects of palmistry to create a well-defined profile of the person you are reading.
The first chapter gives an outline of the history of palmistry. The author breaks down the art of palmistry into three groups. This is how the book is structured:
- Shape of the hand and finger length, finger spacing, finger shape
- Lines on the palm
- Finger prints
In the first chapter Andrew Fitzherbert gives an overview of how palmistry has evolved over the centuries. He explains how some of the old theories about palmistry have not, in his experience proven to work, and why he discards them. He gives his theories about how the basics should be viewed.
The second chapter tells you how to utilize palmistry in order to understand a person’s hand with regards to a love life. He discusses how the heart line determines a person’s approach to love.
Curved Heart Line:
- Seeks new relationships, doesn’t wait for them to happen
- Is interested in love, fondness, positive emotions, and sex
- Emotional feelings are shown very clearly, about what they desire
Straight Heart Line:
- Waits for a relationship to occur, not a self-starter
- Wants compatibility, fondness, companionship, and sex
- Is thoughtful, but not necessarily demonstrative in emotions toward the other person
- Would rather be the non-principal person in the relationship, would like to proportion the responsibility. Tends not to show much emotion
The curved heart line puts more emphasis on the physical aspect of love and sex, than does the straight line heart line. Curved lines do the courting, can be either male or female. The placement on the palm and the amount of curve of the heart line determines its complete meaning.
A curved heart line has a warm and emotional approach to love situations. The straight heart line has a more thoughtful approach. In the book, there are many picture examples of the different types of heart lines, and their placement on the palm, with their respective meanings.
The third chapter is concentrated on relationship problems and the little finger. Andrew Fitzherbert places a lot of emphasis on the little finger: its length, the setting of the finger, and its spacing from the ring finger. He gives written examples of how these different little finger characteristics can be an indicator of relationship problems.
In the rest of the chapters of the book, the author gives a variety of pictures, with examples that cover the following subjects:
- How to categorize people by their hand shape, finger lengths, finger spacing, finger prints, and lines on the hand.
- How to utilize palmistry when seeking employment, the types of hands that are best suited for specific occupations. The kind of skills that go along with each kind of hand
- How to clarify difficult people, those with very high emotions
- How to clarify those individuals who have high self-esteem / low self-esteem
- How to clarify those individuals who have a nervous disposition
In the last section of the book the author gives examples of how to take the basics of palmistry and to apply it to the overall hand meanings. He gives numerous picture examples and written explanations of how each personality kind has specific hand characteristics in shared. The strength of his writing this book is in showing detailed hand examples that are easily viewed and understood. The book explains the many pieces of the palmistry question. I have not found another author on palmistry that has his knowledge base, and who has put it into print so comprehensively. This is an excellent book!