How to Submit Your EPF Claim Online
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization popularly known as EPFO has its branch all over India. For claiming the Provident Fund (PF) amount, a person has to visit the nearby EPFO office. With the aid of progressive technology, the complete course of action for claiming, submitting and getting the money transferred into the bank account has been made online. by the online claiming of PF, the complete course of action of clearing the PF amount can be easily processed only in 10 days. Before, the introduction of online system the complete official procedure of PF processing was carried by the paperwork.
Let’s view the step-by-step procedure to know how to claim your EPF by the online system:
1. Firstly, you should confirm three things carrying with you i.e. UAN, Aadhaar Card, Active Bank Account Number and a Valid Phone Number. Make sure that your phone number is connected with your bank account.
2. Log-in into the EPFO web-portal and go into the details of your UAN (Universal Account Number). If in case your Aadhaar card is not registered with the UAN, then initially you will have to course of action for the e-KYC (Know Your Customer) verification course of action. After the complete KYC validation, you can proceed further for the PF procedure. For the online verification of e-KYC, the Aadhaar authority will send you an OTP (One-Time Password) on your phone number for completing the identity verification course of action.
3. The PAN card details are also mandatory to be filled for availing the online PF withdrawal sets. The three details i.e. Name, Age and Gender are being cross-verified for initializing the PF withdrawal course of action.
4. On the screen, a single page claim form is being displayed that needs to be completely filled for submitting the claiming. There are three definite types of forms i.e. Form 19, 10C and 31 that requires to be filled for different purposes. For the pension withdrawal Form 10 C needs to be filled. Likewise, for the complete and uncompletely withdrawal of PF Form 19 and 31 requires to be filled respectively.
5. With each withdrawal service, there are a certain set of conditions that need to be fulfilled for availing the assistance of PF. Specifically while filling the Form 19, you need to mention the date of joining and last date of working in the organization. At the time of submitting the Form on EPFO portal, you should not be working in the formation that you have stated in Form. except it, the organization should be endorsed under the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1952.
6. For claiming and settlement of finalized PF amount, a gap of 2 months from the last date of employment with the organization is obligatory to follow.
7. The people who wish to withdraw the pension requires to fill Form 10C displayed on EPFO website. The employee must have worked minimum for 6 months with the organization for availing the benefits of pension. The rules of employer’s contribution to Employees’ Pension Scheme are being applicable on the pension withdrawal.
8. After the completion and submission of PF withdrawal Form on the EPFO portal, you will see the PF amount credited to your bank account within a few days.
9. If in the case you wish to move the PF money to another bank account that is not registered with EPFO, then you need to adopt the offline course of action of funds move.
The offline course of action of EPF claim is a bit lengthy and requires too many formalities. For the offline fund’s move, you need to visit the EPFO organization, collect the PF Form and fill all the details in the form correctly. Lastly, you will have to make the Form signed by past employer. Along-with the form you need to submit a cancelled cheque too of the bank account that is registered with EPFO.