Is your Microsoft Exchange Server database service denying write access to database files or checkpoint files? Are you unable to extract information from Microsoft Exchange database? This behavior makes your complete Exchange database unusable and leads to meaningful data loss situations. In order to get your valuable data back, you must have an updated backup. However, if the backup is not updated or obtainable at all, Exchange Server recovery becomes need of hour.
When Exchange Database Server sets denies write access to the EDB file or CHK (Exchange Checkpoint File), you may find the below entries in Application Event Log of Microsoft Exchange Server:
Event kind: Error
Event Source: ESE97
Event Category: General
Event ID: 145
Time: 1:57:34 PM
Description: (1996) The database engine could not access the file called E:exchsrvrmdbdatatmp.edb.
Event kind: Error
Event Source: ESE98
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID: 439
Time: 8:05:13 AM
Description: Information Store (2700) Unable to write a shadowed header for file E:ExchsrvrmdbdataE00.chk. Error -1032.
(Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server error format)
After this behavior of Microsoft Exchange Server, you can not access your meaningful information from the database. In order to get your valuable data back, you need to clarify the cause of this behavior and then perform Microsoft Exchange recovery by resolving it.
Root of the problem:
shared reasons of the problem are:
1. The file has been stolen by another course of action.
2. A controller or disk failure has taken place.
3. Permissions are deleted from the directory where files are stored.
4. The Exchange Server database (EDB file) is corrupt.
Try out the below methods to fix this behavior:
1. Reboot Exchange Server computer. It releases all the system resources.
2. Fix the controller or disk related problems by taking sets from a hardware repair shop.
3. Restore permissions from backup. You can also try recreating the permissions if you have administrative privileges.
4. Repair and restore damaged database using third-party Exchange Recovery software.
The applications are particularly designed to carry out in-thoroughness examine of complete database and extract all far away from database. The Exchange Recovery tool come equipped with high and interactive graphical user interface to offer easy recovery.