‘Devastated’ Simon Cowell breaks silence to pay tribute to Il Divo’s C…
Simon Cowell, who formed the music group Il Divo in 2003, took to social media to pen an emotional tribute to Carlos Marín
The video will auto-play soon8Cancel
Carlos Marin shares video before the Il Divo tour
Simon Cowell was ‘devastated’ as he paid an emotional tribute to Il Divo’s Carlos Marín following his tragic death.
The singer died at the age of 53. His passing was announced on Sunday after he fell ill on December 8 with Covid-19.
Following the news, music mogul Simon, who formed the music group in 2003, took to Twitter to pen a short but emotional message for Carlos.
“I am finding this so difficult to put into words how I feel right now,” he wrote.
“I am devastated Carlos Marin has passed away. He loved life.
“He loved performing and always had so much appreciation towards the fans who supported the group from day 1. Rest in peace Carlos. I will miss you.”
Simon took to Twitter to pay tribute
Carlos’ death was confirmed on social media on Sunday night.
Il Divo’s page wrote: “It is with heavy hearts that we are letting you know that our friend and partner, Carlos Marin, has passed away.
“He will be missed by his friends, family and fans. There will never be another voice or spirit like Carlos.
“For 17 years the four of us have been on this incredible journey of Il Divo together, and we will miss our dear friend.
“We hope and pray that his beautiful soul will rest in peace. With Love — David, Sebastien and Urs.”
According to news site El Espanol, Carlos was first admitted to the hospital on December 8.
Carlos died aged 53 (
PA) Simon formed the group in 2003
Get all the biggest showbiz news straight to your inbox. Sign up for the free Mirror Showbiz newsletter.
Carlos was reportedly intubated when he was rushed to hospital in Manchester.
The singer, who lived in both Madrid and Mexico, was due to perform with his ex-wife Geraldine Larrosa on New Year’s Eve on Spanish state TV.
The programme reported last Thursday: “We have spoken to Carlos’ agent who has confirmed to us that he has been in hospital in Manchester with coronavirus for a week.
“He has told us that he began to feel unwell on December 7 and found out he had Covid after taking a test.
“Every day the singer himself had been telling him how he felt and the last time they spoke Carlos told him he felt worse.”
They went on to say that the singer was transferred to intensive care. His agent told the programme that Carlos had received his Covid jabs in Mexico.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct at 0207 29 33033.
Tributes pour in for Carlos Marín after Il Divo star dies from Covid at 53
Carlos Marín dead: Il Divo singer dies from Covid-19 at age 53
Click: See details