Blog post ideas don’t always come easy, in addition it’s basic to keep producing regular, rare, quality content for your blog if you want to build readership and rankings.
Your readers and subscribers won’t come back unless new content appears regularly, and Google is looking for relevancy and freshness – which method regular updates (a few times a week minimum if you can!) are basic.
Here are a few ‘Blog Post Idea Formulas’ for those days when you’ve run out of ideas and need a little nudge to get your blogging juices flowing…
7 Blog Post Ideas
- Write a List: This one’s always popular – fun to check out and interesting to read. Try ‘top 10…’, ‘5 best ways to…’ or ’21 Tips for…’. Alternatively, get creative – Everybody loves a good list post.
- Review Something: Reviews can be useful, interesting and show that you know what you’re talking about. In some situations, they can create revenue as a paid post or by promoting a product your affiliated with. Books, software, websites, courses and any kind of resource can be topics for an effective review post.
- Interview Someone: Leverage the success and popularity of people in your niche or industry by interviewing them. Approach with a simple, polite email and set up a framework – could be a recorded call to turn into a podcast, could be a set of written questions. Great way to get associated with others and network with them to assistance you both.
- Trending Topic: This can be a highly effective way to get readership and attention. Writing about what people are talking about, excited about or feel strongly about already ‘piggybacks’ existing media and topics. Show your readership you’ve got your finger on the pulse by covering breaking news before others. This strategy can be a good way to get quick, short-term search rankings in addition.
- How to…: Find out what your readership or target market want to do, and write a post telling them how to do it. Anything from getting ranked on Google to growing the perfect tomato – every niche is based upon solving problems and helping people do or have something they didn’t before.
- How not to…: A simple twist on the ‘How to’ theme, this blog post idea can be very alluring and also carry enormous value for your readers. How not to treat your blog visitors, pack a suitcase, cook an omelet – the possibilities here are endless.
- The Myth-Buster: Done right the myth buster is a killer post idea. Take a commonly held belief or idea, turn it on its head and show the truth… This one’s a little harder to pull off, but if you can find a good myth to de-bunk and make a good job of it, there’s enormous possible for impact and reach.
How can you apply these blog post ideas to your own niche? Think about it. The possibilities are endless…
at all event you do, be creative, keep the content coming and above all – consider your readers. What do they really want? What’s important to them and what problems do they confront?
Answer those questions, fit them into the formulas above and you’ll have all the blog post ideas you could ever need!